Jute is popularly known as ‘Golden Fibre’. It is a plant that produces a very strong fibre which is used for sacking, making bags, and for so many other things. Jute is acknowledged as one of the most versatile fibre gifted to mankind. Just next to cotton, jute is the inexpensive and most important of all textile fibers. Jute manufacturing companies are developing innovative jute bags, screen printing jute bags, rugs, carpets and a lot more products in accordance to the demand.
Let’s have a look on the essential facts about jute fiber and jute products.
• Jute is a natural, vegetable fibre and bio-degradable jute deteriorates biologically, which doesn’t affect any toxicity to the mother earth.
• Plentiful availability of jute plant is a sustainable resource of jute-made products.
• Jute is a durable material which has the life span of over a thousand plastic carrier bags.
• Jute industry is developing widely and it supports millions of people in the different zones on earth which are not well-off.
• About one hectare of jute plants consumes more than 15 tonnes of CO2, which is several times higher than normal trees.
• When jute fabric or materials are discarded, jute completely decomposes leaving essential nutrients back into the soil.
• Jute fiber is reusable, sustainable yet stylish. One can get a range of jute bags such as tote, shopping bags, handbags, drawstring bags and the list is on.
• Jute has greater moisture preservation capacity and as compared to geo textiles, jute fiber is lower in cost.
• As jute is environment friendly, it doesn’t produce non toxic or injurious gases. Jute cultivation improves soil conditions as the waste of jute leaves and plants remain in the field and mix with the soil which improves the texture and fertility of the soil.